Real Strategies that Work
What is weight management?
Weight management is the process of losing excess body fat in order to achieve the optimal body weight for one’s height and body constitution.
What are the benefits of losing weight?
Shedding off excess weight does not only help us feel more confident about our body and increase our psychological well-being. It also helps prevent diseases that are associated with excess weight, such as, diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease and joint problems and helps prevent complications when these conditions are already present.
What does the CHIC Med-Aesthetic Clinics’ weight management programme involve?
- Our weight management programme is designed and delivered by a specialised Medical Doctor certified in nutrition. It consists of a number of one-on-one consultations where the following will be addressed:
- In depth analysis of your current health, diet and exercise status
- Assessment of your weight, BMI, body composition and metabolic rate including blood tests
- Identification of problem areas in your current eating habits and motivational strategies to address them
- Personalised nutrition and exercise plan based on your lifestyle
How many consultations do I need and how often?
This depends on the clients’ individual requirements. However, on average, 4-6 consultations are needed. The sessions are initially held every couple of weeks and extended to monthly follow-up sessions once the client is confident with his or her plan and is losing weight at a satisfactory rate.
What should I expect from CHIC Med-Aesthetic Clinics’ weight management programme?
Our main goal is that of helping clients lose weight in a healthy and safe manner by adopting a healthy well-balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle. Our dietary advice is based on scientific evidence and is delivered by a Medical Doctor certified in Nutrition. We believe that by setting manageable and realistic objectives we can help our clients lose weight and keep it off.