Diagnosis, Treatment & Prevention of diseases of the human foot
The Podiatry clinic at CHIC Med-Aesthetic Clinics provides comprehensive evaluation, treatment and rehabilitative care for a wide variety of foot and ankle injuries and disorders. Our podiatrist delivers state-of-the-art care for all adult foot and ankle problems.
Some of the more common foot problems involve ingrown toenails, bunions or warts. More complex problems may involve diabetic ulcers or infections and conditions such as tendinitis or flat feet, which may warrant further attention. Our goal is to help individuals return to pain free, functional lives.
What is Podiatry?
Podiatry is the diagnosis and treatment of the lower limbs, particularly the foot and ankle.
What treatments can be performed at CHIC’s Podiatry clinic?
Problems frequently handled include injuries to the foot and ankle, tendon tears, bunions, heel and arch pain, corns and calluses, hammertoes, sprains, flat feet, athlete’s foot, tendonitis, amongst others. Depending on your condition, treatments might include:
- Removal of Corns and Calluses
- Nail trimming and Buffing
- Treatment of Ingrowing Toe nails or other nail problems
- Total or Partial Nail Avulsions
- Treatment of foot dermatological problems
- Removal of Verrucas (Warts)
- Advanced biomechanical evaluations
- Lower Limbs Exercise Advice
- Kinesiology taping of the Lower Limbs
- Strengthening and conditioning of the lower limbs
- Advanced orthotic therapy
- Footwear advice and prescription
- Diabetic Foot Check up and Advice
- Reflexology massage
Who can benefit from Podiatry?
Injuries happen to both the inactive and active, as well as the young and old. When you have pain in your foot and ankles related to physical activity, it is important to seek an experienced and qualified podiatrist as soon as possible.